AMPRO is a leader in the design, installation, maintenance and management of facility lighting, commercial signage, and electrical services. With expertise in each of these fields, we are reducing our clients' energy and maintenance costs in Pinellas Park, FL. AMPRO's specialties include:
Regency Centers has worked with AMPRO for over 10 years. They consistently exceed their competition and always provide prompt, professional expertise in resolving any electrical issues we may have. As owners of grocery anchored shopping centers, electrical emergencies can be a safety and liability hazard. We depend on AMPRO to resolve any situation, no matter the time, day or night. Companies like this are difficult to find and we cannot recommend AMPRO enough!
Pinellas Park is a city located in central Pinellas County, Florida, United States. The population was 49,079 at the 2010 census. Originally home to northern transplants and vacationers, the hundred year old city has grown into the fourth largest city in Pinellas County, the most densely-populated county in Florida. The city and surrounding areas are almost completely urbanized. Pinellas Park contains a substantial portion of the "Gateway" area of the county, targeted for future infrastructure, residential, and commercial development as it sits roughly in the middle of the Tampa Bay area's over two million people. Though technically land-locked, its borders lie only a few miles from Tampa Bay to the east, and Boca Ciega Bay and the Gulf of Mexico to the west. The city is known for its popular equestrian facilities and events, and many residents also participate in fishing and water activities in nearby venues. On Park Boulevard, the city's oldest street and primary thoroughfare, one can find anything from produce stalls and flea markets to high-end luxury vehicles.
The city was founded by Philadelphia publisher F. A. Davis, who purchased 12,800 acres (52km2) of Hamilton Disston's land around 1911. Promotional brochures lured northerners, especially Pennsylvanians, to the town, noting the pleasant climate in the winter and the agreeable agricultural conditions. The Florida Association, a corporation, set up model farms and offered a free lot in the city with the purchase of ten acres of nearby farm land. The primary crop promoted was sugar cane. By 1912, lots in the city were being sold separately. The City of Pinellas Park was formally incorporated on October 14, 1914.
Though not on the original Orange Line Railway, Pinellas Park did have a train depot, razed in 1970, on the line between Clearwater and St. Petersburg. The city lay on the vehicle road from St. Petersburg to Tampa. Growth was moderate until after World War II, when the city's population more than tripled.
Learn more about Pinellas Park, FL